Problemwith 3510 array.

I have 2 3510FC arrays, one a JBOD with (7) 146GB drives, and the other with dual RAID controllers, also (7) 146GB drives. The idea was to get 1TB mirrored. Anyway, after installing the Enterprise Storage Manager on a connected V880, I was able to use the "sccli" command and see/configure all the drives. At some point I made a change (not knowing completely what I was doing yet) and reset the controller. Now when I try to use sccli, it give the error that "No manageble devices were found". I was able to tip into it and reset the NVRAM, I have also taken another machine, installed the software, have light on FC card as well as the occupied 3510 host port, but discovery doesnt find any connected devices,and when I try "sccli" again, I get the same error aboue no manegable devices being found. Not sure what to do next since I have reset the 3510, and started from scratch on a new machine. Any suggestions?

what firmware are you using on your 3510?

I'll have to check tomorrow, but we just received it from Sun about 2 months ago.

Sounds a lot like SRDB 70949 or 75068 I think these are the correct numbers

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/3510/srdb.html

It ended up being something with the Ultra 60 that the FC card was in. It was listed as a supported system for the FC card, and the LUNS I mapped to it were showing up at the OK prompt, but not visible with a "format" command when the OS was up. On a V880 they showed up as expected. The U60 had all recommended patches installed.

Hi,

I have a problem with one of our new Sun diskarray 3320. When I run sccli I get sccli: no manageable devices found
sccli: Type "sccli help" for valid commands.

the FC version is: 4.15G.

the diskarray is working and we used it for a test database. Could you please let me know what I need to so I can monitor it.

Thanks

You need to turn on in-band management in order for sccli to work. This can be done either through the serial port or if the network connection is enabled by using telnet or ssh.

view and edit Configuration parameters->Host-side Parameters->In-band EI management

Hi,

I have checked the para and the option is already enabled.
x
x viewx LUNs per Host SCSI ID - 32 x
x viewx Max Number of Concurrent Host-LUN Connection - 128 x
x viewx Number of Tags Reserved for each Host-LUN Connection - Def(32) x
x viewx Peripheral Device Type Parameters x
x viewx Host Cylinder/Head/Sector Mapping Configuration x
x vlqqx Fibre Connection Option - Loop only x
x sx Cx In-band EI management - Enabled

Thanks