Problems installing a tape storageworks on ML350 G5 with sas hdd and 29320alp card

I just install UNIX SCO 5.0.7 on a new Proliant ML 350 G5 with hpsas driver on an smart array E200i, i just realized that it doesn have an scsi port for the tape unit (storageworks dat40), just add a scsi card 29320ALP pcix card, installed the ad320 driver downloaded from adaptec and from sco site, both didn't make the adapter appears as a part of the boot kernel, the bios on the machine detects both the scsi card and the tape unit, but unix don't anyone can help me, please, many thx for your help.

5.0.7 does not automatically detect new hardware.
Run 'mkdev tape'
and select the correct host adapter and input the scsi id, and lun information.
This procedure will rebuild the kernel, and after a re-boot you should see the tape drive in the hardware list at boot. (or check /usr/adm/messages for the same information if you miss seeing it during the boot.)

Just make installpkg ad320, after relinking system on reboot it doesn't appear as an adapter, and later a run mkdev tape with host 0, id apater 4 lun 0 and bus 0, and it deosn't appear on kernel's boot, as a hardware, any other idea??, by the way anyone know wich kind of parallel port works with this server ML 350 G5, the scsi card 29320ALP is pcx and i put it on the slot of pcx of the server the boot bios recognice it but the unix kernel doesn't reflect the installation of it, afet using installpkg neither using mkdev tape commands, thx for your help and for your answer

Can you post the contents of the last 100 lines of file /usr/adm/messages ?

thx a lot for your help, just make an driver disk from disk 4 of the original disk of UNIX SCO 5.0.7, it looks like the drivers from the site adaptec and sco are wrong, thx a lot, hope this will be useful for someone else, thx a lot jgt

hello everyone,

anybody can help me.. i have an IBM System x3200 with a SAS connector both hardisk and tapedrive.. i already install the SCO 5.0.7 but i cant install the tapedrive..

Thanks,
ballseye69

suggest open a new thread, but did you know where the tape is connected, I know isn't connected to the sas, then you should use another scsi adapter, ust look for the model and look for the driver, good luck and post new thread