Problem with wireless network

Good day, everybody! I have a mobile phone (LG Optimus L5) with Android 4.0.3 and a tablet (PocketBook SurfPad 2) with Android 4.1.1 and I have problem with wireless network on these devices. Laptops don't have such problem. My wireless network organisation is a modem connected with an access point Dlink DAP-1150.

When I'm trying to open a page in web-browser (both default and Firefox) it may load, or it may freeze, or it may freeze but after some time it may load and sometimes browser says, that "Server not found". Similar thing happens with YouTube application, IM client and all other networking applications.

When I'm trying to ping my access point, everything is going well, but when I'm trying to ping my modem, there is a packet loss up to 30%.

Could you help me solve this problem, please. Thanks in advance!

UPD!!!: There is also packet loss when I'm pinging my access point.

// Sorry for my broken English

Can you log into the router and modem to check status? Did you try different wireless channels?

As DGPickett has already said, check your wireless channel(s). You may have interference (on the same channel) from another local AP/Router.

It's quite possible that laptops being typically higher powered devices will work but lesser powered (phones) will not.

Download and install a copy of Inssider on one of the working laptops and see what competing networks there are. Perhaps you can set your wireless channel to avoid those.

Sounds like a problem with your router/modem dropping packets. DNS, which IIRC uses UDP, is going to be hurt hard by that.

When's the last time the router or the modem were rebooted?

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, but I'm Linux user, so I can't install Inssider, but now I'll try to change channel in access point.

---------- Post updated at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:18 AM ----------

Both modem and access point are rebooted approximately once in a day.

---------- Post updated at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:19 AM ----------

I tried to set automatic channel selection.

---------- Post updated at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:24 AM ----------

Yes, I can. There is no any information about lost packets on "Status" page in access point.
Modem says that there wasn't any errors:

Transmit Collision 0
Receive CRC Errors 0
Transmit Error Frames 0
Receive Under-size Frames 0

I tried to set channel option in access point to "auto", but there are still some problems: packet loss on mobile phone, while pinging modem, is 40%.

//Sorry for my broken English

Let me make sure I'm clear on this -- you get packet loss when pinging your modem, but not when pinging the access point?

Yes. But sometimes there's no packet loss, and sometimes packet loss is up to 40%.

---------- Post updated at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:52 PM ----------

Wait... Oh no, there's also packet loss when I'm pinging access point.

Do not use "automatic channel selection". Actually try different channels, and see if they work better than others.

Wifi channels overlap enough that all you really need to try is 1, 6, and 11.

Okay, use LinSSID then.

It will tell you what local Wi-Fi's you are competing with.

Inssider seems to cost now, but I got good results from vistumbler on windows and linSSID on LINUX. There is a nice android free app, too. Wi-Fi Analytics. Any of them can tell you what the competition is, where the sweet spot is.

I installed "Wi-Fi Analytics" and have found that there are at least 3 APs in one channel (including mine). Now I'll try to change it.

---------- Post updated at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 PM ----------

...But there's still packet loss while pinging modem.

So you are saying that you've moved Wi-Fi channel to one with less interference but you still have packet loss?

Can you try with another client device and see if you get packet loss on that one too?