Problem with terminal

Hi Guys,

I'm using my putty to connect to the HP-UX test box. Once I get connected to server there seem to be something wrong with my putty that behaves very odd. for example it starts from the half of the screen. I really dont know how to explain this problem. or for instance when i run vi to edit a file, it does not show the content of the file, then I hvae to scroll up to see the file, things appear to be jumping to the top of the screen. :frowning: I dont know where and what parameters I should set and fix. has anybody encounter this before?:confused:

Firstly look at the putty settings and check what the terminal type is set to (xterm, vt100, ansi, etc). Then once you have logged on type:

echo $TERM

and check its the same. I have found that "xterm" often isnt supported well, and if you change both of them to "vt100" (or the nearest equivalent, eg, vt102, vt200, vt220, etc) you can get better results. Having said that, Ive always had some inconsistances with the tty version of SAM...
I hope this helps...

Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually did have a look at the setting. I tried to change some options and it did not work. Finally I found out that the simple problem is just happening because I try to maximize the window right away after running it. then for the second time I just executed some commands and then maximize the putty window and it got OK. :slight_smile: