Problem with solaris 10 installation package

Hi,

I want to install man pages package from solaris 10.

Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this package... I did an .iso to get the dvd content but I don't know how to install Just this package. I supposed I have to install SUNWman...

I hope someone has an idea...

Regards,

George

First check that documentation is not installed using pkgchk -l SUNWman

If not installed, use pkgadd SUNWman to install it. You will need to know the location of the package on the dvd or other media.

Thank you for your reply, I tried "pkgchk -l SUNWman" but I obtain "WARNING: no pathnames were associated with <SUNWman>" so I supposed that it was not installed...
Then I tried pkgadd -d SUNWman but I don't have the good file to do that (something looks like a package)...
When I downloaded Solaris 10, I had two "files" (dvd A & dvd B). I did cat file1 + file2 > filename.iso and now I can open the solaris file but inside I don't find an explicit file which allows SUNWman installation.
I have an SUNWman file inside the "Product" file but when I opened it I didn't find something seems to be a package...

Any ideas?

The 2 packages that you need are SUNWdocs and SUNWman.
They can be located in the cdrom inside the Products directory.
# cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_10/Product

Ok for this directory : # cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_10/Product.
But what is the next step? How can I install them... :confused:
When I'm inside SUNWdoc and SUNWman folders, I didn't find something looks like a package...
There are three folders : "archive", "install" (which contains copyright, depend and i.none files) and "reloc" what can I do with them ?

go to the directoty where SUNWman is located and type:

# pkgadd -d SUNWman

and start reading "man" pages :wink: :smiley:

A stupid question... (one more :o)
I have my ISO file (sol-10-GA-sp-dvd.iso) located on my servor at *./packages/ How can I open it with Unix ? Because until now, I opened it with MagicISO and I extracted only SUNWman and SUNWdoc...
In this way, I've got this message : "pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </packages/SUNWman>"

Thanks for your help !!:rolleyes:

you can use "lofiadm". have a look here:
Mount an ISO image on a Solaris filesystem with lofiadm - Tech-Recipes.com

Thanks DukeNuke2 for your reply.
I mounted an ISO image of my Solaris.ISO, it works perfectly with : "mount -F hsfs -o ro `lofiadm -a /export/temp/software.iso` /mnt".
But the problem is always the same : when I'm into "/mnt/Solaris_10/Product/" directory I do : "pkgadd -d SUNWman"
but I get :
"pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </mnt/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman>" :frowning:

For more informations, into my "/mnt/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman" directory I have 3 folders : "archive"; "install"; "reloc"
In "archive" there is just "none.bz"
In "install" there are 3 files "copyright", "depends" and "i.none"
and in "reloc" there is an other folder "share" and into "share" there is "man" and into "man" there is all the man files (man1, man2 etc...)

Any ideas? :o

just for testing... do a:

# pkgadd -d .

in the dir with the packages.

Ok!! Here we go! :b:

I did "pkgadd -d product" in the "/mnt/Solaris_10/" directory and it works good!
Thank you DukeNuke2! :slight_smile:

Help me please!
I practised removing man page. Then I installed SUNWman package in Solaris 10 DVD and get this error:

## Installing part 1 of 1.
cpio: Can't read input: end of file encountered prior to expected end of archive.

1 errors
Unarchiving of /cdrom/sol_10_508_x86/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman/archive/none failed with error 1
pkgadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully

Installation of <SUNWman> failed.

I don't know how to fix that error.
Please help me, I'm beginner.
Many thanks!

My God, I have bad installed p7zip and it's the original problem.
I applied 7z patch from Sun and successfully installing SUNWman.
I'm very sorry for my bad post above.