Problem with SCSI DAT drive on Ultra 10

I will be honest I am quite new to UNIX and Solaris so this may be a simple thing.

I have just purchased a Sun (rebranded HP obviously) DAT DDS3 SCSI tape drive for my Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris 10.

I have previously fitted a SCSI card to the box which has configured ok and can be seen from both within solaris and openboot.

I can use the device from within Solaris but Openboot does not see it.

I am currently studying for the Solaris Administrator Certification I and I am wanting to try backing up the system then restoring it from scratch, but if the device is not seen in open boot I dont know how I will manage that.

I have tried a boot -r and I have checked the show-devs command but nothing is showing as connected to my scsi card, yet when I load up Solaris I can use the device with no problems

can anyone help please

P.S I am a newbe to UNIX so sorry if this is somthing simple.

Hi Matt,
You should see your tape device if you run a probe-scsi-all from the OBP prompt. To do this without hanging up the system, halt to OBP, set the auto-boot? parameter to false with 'setenv auto-boot? false', issue a 'reset-all' and when the unit comes up to the ok prompt run 'probe-scsi-all'. This should display the full path to the tape device which you can then either boot directly or create a devalias for.