Problem with re-installing ports

Hello,

I am fairly new at FreeBSD. I tried searching existing topics for a similar problem, but I found none :slight_smile:

I have a problem reinstalling apache22 which I had to remove in my troubleshooting with mysql. Since I've got MySQL working now (joy unbounded!) I now have the task of reinstalling apache.

Before all this, I installed it from /usr/ports/apache22 (make install) and everything worked great after a tiny bit of editing in the httpd.conf.

During my MySQL troubleshooting, I performed a "pkg_delete apache22". Now, I try to do a "make install" again from /usr/ports/apache22 but now it doesn't do anything. I tried a "make", but same story. It just goes like this:

cigva# pwd
/usr/ports/www/apache22
cigva# make install
cigva#

I would have liked to see a myriad of action going on here instead of the above :slight_smile:

Therefore, my question is - if you already have used make install on a port one time, how do you reinstall this port in the future if you uninstall it as I did? I tried pkg_add apache22 but it just says that it cannot stat the package file apache22.

Can anyone help me with this, probably simple, question?

Thanks in advance,

/Klaus

Did you completely remove apache22?

pkg_info apache22

If so, is your ports tree up-to-date?

Is there anything listed in the apache22 port directory?

ls -a /usr/ports/www/apache22

You could also try manually removing apache22 with:

cd /usr/ports/www/apache22; make deinstall distclean; make install

Unless you have specific reason for compiling apache from source, you can just use "pkg_add -r apache" or replace apache with respective software. Are you sure you have downloaded ports tree, like for example "portsnap fetch" , "portsnap extract" ?

glen.barber,
Your "make deinstall distclean" followed up by a new "make install" was right on, it fixed the problem and my Apache is now again up and running.

sysgate,
Thank you for the tricks, I was not aware of those options. I'll be sure to test them the next time the need arises :slight_smile:

Thanks to you both for your time!

/Klaus