Problem with PTS

Hello,
I�m working with an m4000 server, with solaris 11. the problem is when users connect to the server, I have the range from pts/65 to pts/128 "blocked". The system does not take any pts of that range. Usually a close all the connections and the problem is solved, but this time that solution does not work. Any idea of how can I unblock those pts?

thanks

How did you block them to start with? MPXio? - as a guess.

It would be nice to know why those ports were blocked in the first place. Never saw that done.

Is this something that has been tuned in the kernel perhaps?

Have a look at Chapter 2 Solaris Kernel Tunables (Solaris Tunable Parameters Reference Manual) and see if you have a limit set.

It's been a while since I had a Solaris server to work on, but under /etc/system there are files describing all sorted of things that are loaded into the kernel at boot. I remember it being described as a dynamically-linked kernel, rather than you have to compile it after each change.

Robin

Hello, Iam very sorry for the delay.

I have my main application called tbredcomm, the users connect to solaris and when they acces a script opens the application. Solaris takes one tty for every connection. When the user disconnect from the server, solaris "close" the tty, the problem is that I have a range of tty "blocked", the users disconnect but the tty remains used, for some reason solaris did not clear those tty's. I dp not know if there is a command to clear those tty's. thank you.