Problem with NFS

Hello everyone

I need to share a file system with two Aix boxes, the version is 5.3 tl9.

I create the nfs and I can see the files from both servers, but the problem with one of them is that I can write on the file or If I create a new one I can�t.

On the server that I create the directory I have the 777 permissions. In this one is where I have the problem.

On the server that I have the filesystem I dont have problem, I can create new files and write on them.

Thanks for your comments.

I'm having trouble understanding your problem. Can you post an example so we can see what is wrong?

The permissions of nfs files depend on the server the filesystem is mounted on plus the way the nfs filesystem is shared [ro or rw] or the server side.

Just changing permissions on the directory on the remote side is not necessarily going to fix the problem.

You can have a try like this:
# cat /etc/filesystems
check if the NFS permission option correct:
options = rw

Thanks for your comments.

I check the /etc/filesystems and I have the right permissions options = rw.

I check too the filesystem I have the 777 permissions.

Thanks for your comments

Lets clear up a few things here concerning NFS:

The directory to be remote mounted is exported from the NFS server. This is then remote mounted on the NFS client and can be mounted as RW or RO. The important thing is the syntax! The export is from the NFS server and the remote mount is on the NFS client!

If files are going to be written into the remote directory from the NFS client it must be exported as RW and the necessary permissions must be set! Generally a default 0755 will not be sufficient as this will have group and world set to read only (RO). Therefore in general the exported directory will be set to 0777. Changing the permissions on the client side will NOT affect the actual permissions on the directory!