Problem with csplit

Hi All,
I have a strange behaviour from csplit command on some text files.

I have a comma separated file and data with in double quotes. This file is being generated from Sequential stage of Data stage tool.

This file has 67 fields in each records with some null and blank in the data. When i split the file the new files splitted have only first field in single record. Below is the command i used.

csplit -f abcd.txt -n 4 -s TargetFile.txt 26 42 56

Could you please help me in solving the bug.

Is this still a problem or have you solved it?

What version of csplit are you using? If --version doesn't tell you anything, please post OS details.

I am using unix solaris version 8.0
Please let me why is that behaving like that and what could be done for that prroblem.

Thanks in advance.....

No one picked this up. Are you at the latest patch level? It could be that Sun released a patchfix for csplit.

Hi.

As otheus wrote, there may be a fix, but Solaris 8 is a bit old.

There are people here who would look at this problem, but few, I suspect, are willing to create a dataset that may or may not match what you have.

If you are interested in responses, please post a representative sample of the data, the output, and your desired (or expected) output.

I have access to Solaris 10, so that would be one difference. However, it is often a misunderstanding or misuse of commands that can lead to apparent errors.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

PS If you post data or code, please learn to use CODE tags around those parts of your post -- it makes the reading easier. -- like this:

abc 012

To do so, after you paste the code into the editing window, select it with your mouse, then click the # symbol just above the editing window.