Problem with accessing my 2nd hard drive

Hello
I am having a problem with being able to use my 2nd hard drive as my new os doesn't recognize it. it is /dev/hdb2 and it shows as It is still in my system. it is a 73 gb hard drive and it is useless to me now. I used to have windows XP and had no problem with it,I have since changed to freespire and as of now the Os does not recognize that i ever had it in my system and i would like to have the operating system recognize that i still have the 73 gb drive in the system and can be able to use it.also i have no permissions to read ,change delete or add anything to it .that I would like to be able to do.any information will be appreciated thank you.
I usually use exectec as my username but I am Donald Spaulding or just Don thanks again
Don
!I hope this was better information than when first posted here.

hey donald , i dont know how you came to the assumption that your hard disk isnt being detected. Firstly what kind of partition format do you have on your hard disk is it FAT-32 , NTFS,Linux etc , if its either of the first two you might have to mount it or worse install a new kernel if its a NTFS partition (p.s. what kernel version are you using). Secondly what kinda hard disk is it? a SATA or a PATA?give us an output of the " fdisk -l " command.

Hi rohit shetty
it is a fat 32 with 73 gb I have freespire Os with Ubuntu i'm not sure the brand of hd it is or what kind I have.
my computer lists it as hdb2 fat -32 mounted on /dev/winxp thats about it
i'll have to remove the drive and read and copy the info if more is needed
I just know it worked befor and now it doesn't.How would i mount it? says it is mounted on /dev/winxp now.
please advise
don

---------- Post updated at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:09 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply
Don

---------- Post updated at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:10 PM ----------

I am also having trouble going to root.
what is the password they want ?
i only put in one and that doesn't work