Problem wih MySQL installation

Hi,

I tried installing MySql in my Ubuntu OS in my Laptop with the help of the information in below link

How to Install MySQL in Ubuntu 10.04

The download of required files happened but I dont know there is installation happened or not. Because as mentioned in the above link there is no ROOT password it asked on Installation.

Once after it, I tried executing

mysql -u root -h localhost -p

And it gave the output as

ganesh@ubuntu:~$ mysql -u root -h localhost -p
The program 'mysql' can be found in the following packages:
 * mysql-client-core-5.1
 * mysql-client-5.0
 * mysql-cluster-client-5.1
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
ganesh@ubuntu:~$ 

However if I tried to execute it using sudo installer also and it gave output as

ganesh@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install mysql-client-core-5.1
[sudo] password for ganesh: 
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
ganesh@ubuntu:~$ 

On reading some other links from google, they instructed to check on System-> Administration-> Services menu.

But there is no option called "Services" in System -> Administration. I am using Ubuntu 10.04.

How to resolve this problem?
:confused:

Try rebooting. If that doesn't fix it, see the first google hit for your problem.

Also, make sure to install the server (mysql-server) if you want to connect to a local DB.

Thank you Corono668. The link you gave did absolute help to me. Thank you verdepollo.