problem in creating flash archive

Dear all

I am in a problem. I have created a master server on which I have install a Solaris 10 OS as well as Oracle 10g with some additional solaris packages. Now I want to create a flash archive of this server and install that flash archive on another server, so that the new server will have solaris 10 OS as well as Oracle 10g installation with same solaris packages which I installed on the master serverinstall. But while creating the flash archive, I get the following error below.

bash-3.00# flarcreate -n flash_nortel -c -R / -e root_archive \
> -x /dir -a root -S /dir/flash_archive
Full Flash
Checking integrity...
Integrity OK.
Running precreation scripts...
Precreation scripts done.
Creating the archive...
cpio: File size of "etc/mnttab" has decreased by 135
17238152 blocks
1 error(s)
Archive creation complete.
Running postcreation scripts...
Postcreation scripts done.

Running pre-exit scripts...
Pre-exit scripts done.

Please let me know what kind of error is this. Will it have am impact on my new server if I install the flash archive on that server.

Regards

Nope I dun think so that your installation would fail. The script could be checking some parameters within the filesystems ... shouldn't be any issue

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me what kind of error is this

cpio: File size of "etc/mnttab" has decreased by 135
17238152 blocks
1 error(s)

As I did flash installation of Solaris 10 OS but I never find this kind of error. Please guide me properly those server is going for production purpose.

Regards

Girish

it means that the file contents of /etc/mnttab changed between steps.did you rerun and get the same error/warning? when i create flars, i get various warnings on temp files and a few others and none have caused me any issues (i do make sure the warning/errors are not critical). ive run it on solaris 9 systems with oracle (not running) at run level3 and then imported into a solaris 9 zone with no issues. we got errors/warnings about some temp files left by oracle it did not do any harm.

That's a common message. It's "normal". It won't affect your flar.

I created a flar yesterday and got the same message. Today I used the flar to install another box. Everything looks good.

... just for the record, from docs.sun.com:

"In some cases, flarcreate can display errors from cpio. Most commonly, these are messages such as File size of etc/mnttab has increased by 33. When these messages pertain to log files or files that reflect system state, they can be ignored. Be sure to review all error messages thoroughly."