Problem in copying files!!

I have requirement of one directory in /tmp area on Sun server. The area contains following files :
brdcems# /tmp/.tivoli >>ls -lt
total 0
srwxrwxrwx 1 root other 0 Nov 16 13:41 a9c30c14-80bf256e-94
srwxrwxrwx 1 root other 0 Nov 12 12:28 a9c30cc8-80bf256e-94

I am moving this application to another server, but application requirement is to have these files in the /tmp/.tivoli folder of the another area. I am unable to copy / create these files. Is there any way to create these files or copy these files to another area.

Regards,

SSK.

The /tmp directory in all the Sun servers I've played with are temporary directories so all the files and directories in it are removed/deleted after a reboot. You should be able to start your application on the new server without copying the /tmp/.tivoli files over from the old server as that directory and any files under it are recreated by the application when it starts.

However, if you really want to copy over the files ....

cd /tmp; tar cvfp - .tivoli | ssh serverb "cd /tmp; tar xvfp -"

Look at the leading s in the output of "ls -l". Those are not files. They are sockets. And, no, you cannot copy them.

I guess I really have to turn the brain on too. Thanks for the clarification, Sir!

Arent these files created when you start the application? Why would you need to copy them over?