Problem creating lpp source - 0042-267

Hello, I am running AIX6.1TL9SP1 and i want to create an lpp source from my NIM Master in order to perform AIX update of my other AIX machines. I already did the installation on my NIM Master so it has the right version, but when i use the same resources that i used for the update i get the following error: warning: 0042-267 c_mk_lpp_source: The defined lpp_source does not have the "simages" attribute because one or more of the following packages are missing: bos bos.net bos.diag bos.sysmgt bos.terminfo bos.terminfo.all.data devices.graphics devices.scsi devices.tty bos.mp64 bos.64bit bos.wpars bos.aixpert.cmds ifor_ls.base lum.base bos.mls i know that without the simages attribute i cannot perform bos installation on other AIX machine. does anybody have any idea what i can do in order to create the lpp source correctly? Thank you

Ok,
If you are using Technology Level (TL) to create lpp_source, you get this warning message.

What that means is, you cannot perform Base Operating System Installation, using that lpp_source. But, you can use that lpp_source to upgrade the clients.

If you try to find those file sets in that TL (AIX6.1TL9SP01) you won't find any of those file sets in installation mode, and the error above is complaining the same.
If you observe, all those file sets will exist in the form of xxxx.rte.U or xxxx.U , showing they are only to be upgraded and NO fileset exist in xxxx.I installation format.

Remember: You CAN perform the TL upgrades using that lpp_source, but CANNOT do a BOS_INST.

Hope this helps.

yes you are right!i tried to perform an update_all operation from NIM Master using the lpp source that i already created and it works.thank you