Printing to Local Printer.

This is an easy one but have no clue how to start. I am connecting via a PC running XP using putty. I have a printer attached to my PC. I need to print stuff. How can I set up this printer?
Thanks !:eek:

---------- Post updated at 18:22 ---------- Previous update was at 16:38 ----------

The stuff I need to print are files on the AIX machine.

---------- Post updated 02-08-11 at 08:02 ---------- Previous update was 02-07-11 at 18:22 ----------

Folks 84 views and no word. It is doable at least?

Eighty five now.

Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

1 Like

so this printer is not a network printer is is on lpt port of your machine?

---------- Post updated at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:35 AM ----------

One way I have had good results is by doing this command:

1. set shared for director on desktop machine
mount -v cifs -n serverip/username/password -o wrkgrp=domain,fmode=755 /sharename /localmountpoint

Now you will need to be root on the AIX server to mount the file system and have cifs_fs for AIX installed.
But once you do you just mount a directory from you desktop to the AIX server and the copy what you want to print to it and print like normal through standard windows printing.

Just another option.