Printing Problem

I have a printer installed on sun solaris m/c sun os 5.8. It doesn't print more than 52 files i.e if a give lp *.txt and the curent folder contains more than 52 files then it doesn't print them but if print in batches , each containing 52 files then it prints them properly.
How do i increase the number 52 b'cos i want to print more than 20000 files from the folder.

Thanx In Advance.

You may be hitting the command length limit. Your command line can only be something like 1024 characters long. You may want to do something like:

find . -name '*.txt' -exec lp {} \;

I am not trying to give lp <file1> <file2> .... i.e lp and the 52 file names on the command line. I just goto a directory which contains more than 52 files and then give lp *. The printer doesn't seem to print more than 52 files. Now i goto directory which contains 52 files and then i give lp *. They all are printed properly.

Got it

When you type "lp *", the shell takes the *, and automagically replaces it with everything it matches, in this case - everything!
So typing "lp 1 2 3 4 5[...]19,999 20,000" is functionally the same as typing "lp *". Did you try PxT's solution?