Printer Memory Message

Hello Everyone,

I received the following (root) email. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can find the offending printer?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Message 2:

From daemon Wed Nov 30 09:51:07 2005

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:51:07 -0800

To: root

Available printer memory exceeded.

cron: The previous message is the standard output

and standard error of one of the cron commands.

I have SNIPped the important part of the message you received: when a process started by cron produces output it gets sent by mail to the user - in this case root because it was roots crontab which started the job.

Note the time you received the mail, have a look at your root crontab ("view /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root") and from the time you should be able to deduce which job created the message.

bakunin

THis migth be the reason

The printer received more data from the computer than can fit in its available user memory. You have tried to transfer too many macros or soft fonts, or our graphics may be too complex. This problem is also caused by printing too many typefaces at 600 dpi or by printing a PostScript job at 600 dpi using only the printer's 2B base memory. Press Continue to print the data (there may be some loss of data). Simplify your print job, change the resolution to 300 dpi or install additional memory.

or click the link to get the solution

http://www.printersupplies.com/errors.html\#20

dare aix team