Print problem

Hi,

I've configured a print queue in Unix AIX 5.2 and it is duplex print queue. If I issue a print here it is not printing in the remote site. i.e If I'm issuing a print from India to print in the printer located in the Datacentre Taiwan, user replying that they're not receiving any print out. But If try to configure print queue for the printer located in our office it is printing.

If I ping to remote server then it is pinging.

If I do telnet to the remote server it is working fine.

I've also checked the configuration of /etc/qconfig all are fine.

lp -d xxx_hplj-8100_u_tw02 /xxx/xxx/tw/reports/xxxx.2.110510.tmp

lpstat -pxxx_hplj-8100_u_tw02
Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk
------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---
xxx_hpl hp@TW RUNNING 3 /xxx/xxx/tw/report root 0 100 216 1 1

lpstat -pxxx_hplj-8100_u_tw02
Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk
------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---
xxx_hpl hp@TW READY

If I checks the status of the printing it says that the print completed sucessfully.

Could you please let me know the what could be the problem.

Could you please provide me the check list to trouble shoot the printing problems.

Hi!

You have probably already solved your problem but I write an answer anyway if there are anyone alse who have a similar problem....

I see that it is a HP printer, did you install the printqueue as an HP Jetdirect or as an Remote print queue?

What is the remote print queue name?

For an HP Jetd it would be 9100, 9101 or 9102. If there is only one port it should be named 9100.

For an remote print queue there are various names to use. Try LPT1, LPT2 ... or PRT1, PRT2 ..... or PR1, PR2 ..... or LPT1_TEXT, LPT2_TEXT...

Please provide an screenshot of the /etc/qconfig so I can see the entries for the printqueue that doesn�t work.

Fredric