print option - drop 1 line

Hi,

Is there a print option to drop the data 1 line?

Basically the page is too close to the top of the page and I would like to drop it one line automatically, editing the actual data is complicated.

As in, output on a printer? pr may help.

I have been considering sed -i as well but unfortunately I am sending the command via an application not the terminal and I was hoping one of the lp -o options would help?

I have tried
-o page-top=5 filename

without success

what command are you using?
did you look at the man pages of your printing command?
For instance on HP-UX using lp command, I use -otl 66

-o specifies printer-dependent (or driver-dependent) settings. They're not universal.

To figure out what options you had available, we'd need to know your printer, printer daemon, printer driver, and system.

Using cups, printer is a HP laserjet 2430 using postscript driver this time.

This server is RHEL5.6

Doesn't say what command you use to print
Here is from lp using CUPS on AIX:

sorry guys I got it

I was stupid, i hadn't understood the "points" when using -o page-top, now I know it is 72 points per inch I realise I was specifying a too small a number.

Now it is working nicely,

thanks for your help

standard printing options for CUPS.

According to this list, "page-top" and the like are only supported when printing raw text.

The image options likewise have absolutely no effect on postscript.

The CUPS people seem incredibly reluctant to document which options, if any, do have an effect on postscript :wall:

It might be best to set the options in CUPS itself, if you can. Perhaps create another "printer" with the same destination, with different defaults?

[edit] You got it working? Hurrah. :smiley: