Preferred Solaris 10 AMP stack

Hi all,

After being dumped in a Solaris sysadmin role, i have been trying to tidy the unpatched mess I have inherited. Part of this task is to update the current AMP stack.

The current stack is Webstack 1.5, which was current in 2009, and as far as I can see, no longer supported. Post the Oracle acquisition however, I cannot see a suitable, Oracle supported alternative. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In terms of requirements, it should be a supported solution, preferably by Oracle. I cannot compile from source (operational reasons, not because I am lazy :)), so packages would be prefereable. The solution must contain PHP.

Id really appreciate any replies.

Sol

the sun/oracle webstack is discontinued. a free alternative might be XAMPP.

apache friends - xampp

1 Like

Hi Duke,

Thanks for the reply, I had seen XAMPP and it was the only thing I could see that fits the bill. I was hoping that something similar to webstack would have been provided by Oracle. But I guess that's a bit of a pipe dream.

The critical part is PHP, I believe Apache and MySQL are both provided and supported by Oracle. I have seen the PHP package on Sun freeware but would like to keep to Oracle supported software...

Maybe I'm asking too much,

Thanks again