Powerha on P595 and Blade HX5 Type 787

Hello Everyobdy!
Is it poosible to implement PowerHa on Different Server like power 595 and Blade HX5 Type 787
Thanks in Advance

yes it is as long as both meet the minimum requirements your ha version is requiring.

Regards
zxmaus

1 Like

And if the Hx5 Blade will have Power7 Server which is much better in performance compared to p 595 it will be ok as I guess am I right?

we have had the weirdest combinations working fine. As long as you have the same OS version and cluster version running, it is not much of a problem despite the fact that IBM doesnt't really recommend doing it.

zxmaus we are implementing PowerHA for DB2 cluster is it a correct solution?

I cannot see why not - we run oracle, sybase, mq and other apps in them and as I said as long as both nodes are running say hacmp v6.1.6 and AIX 6.1 TL4 it just works
Only thing you have to take care about is that all nodes have sufficient resources to really actively run all applications same time.

@zxmaus:
So far I have decided to implement PowerHA on P595 Server.
there willbe two Lpars with PowerHA, DB2 + HADR installed. I understand that thereis anyway big risk to have both Lpars on the same Server but buying new Power server is not an option for the moment.... I wander has anybody tried PowerHA on two Lpars on the same Power Server.. Thanks for attention

actually powerha doesnt overly care if its on one or two frames - it doesnt check the underlying system. But for the obvious reasons (if your frame goes down, your cluster does too) it might not be such a great idea :slight_smile:

Regards
zxmaus

Yes I see thats not real cluster solution but anyway it's good for DB start stop automation, as for future we will buy another Server to have real PowerHA environment :-)))