Post Installation for Solaris 1o

Hi All

have any post installation solaris 10
coz recently i install a solaris 10 to my Sunfire v490, but after i reboot it, the server cannot successful boot to the disk, and always ask me to do the fsck, and i only can login to the maintenance mode. :confused:
but after i fsck in the single user mode, the problem is still the same.

i had try to reinstall the Solaris 3 time, i had tried to install the patch cluster, after installation. and the problem are still the same. :frowning:

any idea on that?

Are you able to mount all the configured filesystems in single user mode? What type of installation did you do? UFE, ZFS, SVM or anything out of the ordinary?

first check what disk is the os is install and make sure you are booting the disk with the new os, check your devalias to make sure.
Please post error msg if you can.

yes i able to mount the /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 in the single usermode... i am using the UFS to install the OS. what i done is the very normal initial install.. i think the process to install don have thing out of the ordinary...

is it i need to run the below command after the installation ?

/usr/sbin/installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0

---------- Post updated at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:58 PM ----------

Hi all

i was totally no idea already, as today me download again the Solaris 10 and reburn to a new DVD. and i had install at another Server V890. after installation, and i had update the patch cluster. and do the reboot again. the problem and error is similar.

the error :

"/lib/svc/method/fs-usr" failed wth exit status95.......

everyone had face this problem before?

seems to be some issue with dump device. If you logging to single user mode please check is dumpdevice is configured or not with dumpadm.
Did your system ever booted in multiuser mode or in run level 3. If so then the previous state of services are going to be restored from repository.db from there you can restore the services . which is inside /etc/svc/

i had reinstall again the server, but haven reboot yet.
the dump is configured by default

# dumpadm
      Dump content: kernel pages
       Dump device: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 (swap)
Savecore directory: /var/crash/corvus
  Savecore enabled: yes

---------- Post updated at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:14 PM ----------

i had solve the problem, it is due to the MPxIO problem

any changes you made to vfstab file?