Possible Arcade Cabinet Application of the Raspberry Pi

Hi guys,
My name is Ryan. I'm from Providence, Rhode Island. A friend and I are working on a homemade video game cabinet design in the style of classic arcade games from the late seventies to nineties. We're designing a system that allows people to play these original games on their original hardware, as they would have 20-30 years ago, (as opposed to an emulator,) because we have a tremendous passion for the 'golden age' of arcade gaming. We also have a passion for open source and the UNIX culture, which is why we've decided to use Raspberry Pi systems for our data relay.
We're extremely excited about this project. We've been talking with programmers from around the world about the theory of this device, and now we're looking for UNIX pros to help us bring it all together.
If you want to see some more about the project, check out the thread on the Raspberry Pi forums under 'Projects and Collaboration'.

ATTN: This is NOT a job posting. We're looking for anyone and everyone who's interested in the project to help us out with designing and coding the system. When we started the project, we couldn't find anyone who's done this kind of thing before, and we'd love to have it available to whoever wants to build off it in the future :slight_smile: