Porting OSE to Linux

Hi,

I was trying to port efs_mount(OSE system call) to a LInux.The efs_mount function is used to mount a volume on the indicated device dev.Upon successful completion of this OSE sytem call a volume manager (VM) will be available through which files on this volume are accessed. The Syntax for this syetm call is like :

Syntax: EfsStatus efs_mount(const char *volume, const char *format, const char *dev, const char *params);

Code :
vol_name= /st_dmx_dd0
drv_name= st_dmx_dd0
confm means Console format manager handling a serial channel.
efs_mount(vol_name, "confm", drv_name, "");

If it returns success, we open the file descriptors for input,output and std error and use it for further processing.

Could anyone help me out on how can I port the above system call to LINUX?

Thanks and Regards
Roshan

Are you talking about Irix EFS (Extent File System)?

Hello @fpmurphy,

The OSE Embedded File System, EFS, is a file system for the OSE Real Time Kernel. EFS will enable application processes to use file system functionality in several different ways by using the interfaces like FLIB, FSS, FM(VM), DDB and DDC. Hence I was not talking about Irix EFS.

I have a requirement to port efs_mount and FSS_RESOLVE_REQUEST which are OSE system calls( we are using OSE5.2 RTOS) into linux. Let me know if you could provide me some information on how to port the above OSE system calls to Linux.

Thanks and Regards
Roshan

You can either modify the kernel to support EFS or use something like FUSE to implement it entirely within userspace.

If you want to go the kernel route look in the kernel source ../fs subdirectory and you will see a series of subdirectories each of which provide support for a particular filesystem. Look in these subdirectories and you will quickly get an idea of what you need to do.

I

Hello @fpmurphy,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I am looking into the details which you have provided.

Thanks and Regards
Roshan