Porting linux ftpd code to Aix

Dear All,
I have already ported the linux ftpd daemon to AIX earlier. When the ftp client does a "DIR" command, I have intercepted the call to the remote machine at the server code and added my code to browse IBM Message Queue, so that the client will see the files in the IBM Message Queue instead of the remote file system

Now the problem is, IBM MQ Series is too costly for the clients. Now I plan to replace the IBM Message Queue with Unix Message Queues.

Will Unix Message Queues have the capability to handle large xml files say 50MB,100MB files? This is my Question. Please help me to solve this problem

cheers
Siva

IBM MQ is used to transfer data between different servers. Unix message queues (the IPC) works only on local system. Or am I getting it mixed up here?

The Unix message queue will be residing on the local machiune only. The ftpd server at the back end will access this message queue locally and write the message/file content that is coming from the client via ftp transfer. The ftpd server code is improvised to accomplish this feature.

Cheers