Port is locked

Hi,
I am working with sun solaris sparc 5.9 and I want to use the serial port in my application..when I am trying to use it.it is throwing the message--

So how can I check the serial port is locked or not and how can I unlock the port??

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer definitively, since the last time I worked with serial ports on a Sparc, I was using Solaris 1.x (aka, SunOs 4). Solaris 2.x is a different beast.

However, some serial port stuff is universal. Most drivers will consider the output pins known as DTR or RTS. If the serial port is configured to be the "terminal" (which it usually is), it will set DTR on ("high") and expect the device to set RTS on ("high"). RTS means "Ready to Send". So if the device doesn't have this set, it's not ready. That is, "busy". So if you have it connected to nothing, it could be the driver sees this as a busy condition. If you have it connected to a device, make sure your cabling supports all the hardware pins, OR that on the Sparc's side of things, DTR and RTS are connected to each other.