Port Active?

Hi,

I have recently installed autosys R11 on my a container in solaris 10. the container has solaris 10. I am now trying to configure the autosys workload contol center on a windows VM. but i can not get the contol center to log into the the autosys server.

when i try to estiblish a connection. using netstat

[ root@unixtest9 / ]# netstat -a | grep 7163
      *.7163               *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN
      *.7163               *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN
unixtest9.7163       AUTOSYS_WCC.1687     65469      0 64240      0 ESTABLISHED
      *.7163                            *.*                             0      0 49152      0 LISTEN

but is seems not to be talking back to the autosys contol center.
is there a commands i can use to help me diagnose the communication between the talk and also confirm that there unix server is talking aback..

Try:

snoop ip_of_the_server

on the container box when i run snoop, i am getting

snoop: No network interface devices found

but on the global box it is working ok, not sure how to read it though

First, make sure you have the latest versions of both r11 and WCC.

When you installed autosys on solaris you would have been asked to choose the port number of the Application server (default is 9000).

WCC talks to the app server on this port. In WCC when you added the 'server' aka the autosys instance, you would have been asked the hostname of the apps erver machine - this would be your solaris machine. You also need to enter credentials of a unix account that is valid on the solaris host in the format 'user@host', save, deploy changes and recycle wcc services (or reboot the server).

All this assumes your autosys install is OK - i.e. your app server is up and running OK. I guess you checked all that?

Post the output of:

dladm show-dev