Please guide me the linux administrator certification course

HI All,

Please guide me the linux administrator certification course. I want to do that certification. Is redhat is best?
Or any other?
I want to know the syllabus also?

Please suggest me ?

Thanks in Advance

regards
Srivani

Hi,
rhce is just one of the vendor-dependent certifications: you can learn more about this kind of certification by searching for info on each vendor homepage. I don't think one vendor-dependent cert. is better than another, unless you are aiming to lend a job at a specific company that is heavily using your distribution of choice.

On the other hand, vendor-independent certifications give you a hands-on knowledge of general linux systems, independent of the specific distribution or commercial vendor. Such an example is the LPI (see LPI.org for more info).

On the other hand, keeep in mind that, although a certification demostrates your 'knowledge' of the system, companies that are looking for employees often tend do 'downlook' certifications compared to real-world, on-the-job experience (this is the impression received by me by reading posts on threads talking about certifications and employability correlation on professional networking websites like linkedin).

Good luck on your journey on becoming a sysadmin!

see ya
fra

A side note:

Linux+ is now the SAME test as LPIC (For Level 1). If you get this, then you get 3 certifications in one, as it qualifies (If you share information with the LPI, and I don't see why not, as it is their test) you to get LPIC 1 certification as well as the Novell Certified Systems Administrator (For SUSE).

If you are interested in garnering paper, that's the way to get it done the fastest way, however, even though they are entry level certifications, the LPI based tests are NOT easy.

HI ALL,

Thanks for your information and guidence.

Regards
Srivani Kolachina