Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions.

• 1 - newfs -N /dev/rdsk/cxtxdxsx -> however, i think it will only work if you used the newfs with the default settings.
    2 -
    3 - fsck -o b=<backsuperblocknumber_from_1> /dev/rdsk/cxtxdxsx
    5 - just install and use the top utility. find, stop and restart the process if possible
    6 - Don't know any "cpmmand" put for processor info. you can use psrinfo -pv or for a detailed description use the kstat -m cpu_info
    7 - using the console and CLI installation method
    10 - ls -l shows the last modified date, don't know about the originally created one
    11 - /etc/mnttab or /etc/vfstab
    12 - I think run the appropriate rc script (i think /etc/rc/rc1) or if you are in solaris 10 and at the ok prompt use the boot -m milestone=multi-user
    13 - jumstart is done over the network. Check for bottle necks in the network
    14 - i think iostat -e or E
    15 - /var/crash/<hostname>/ -> has the core dump
    16 - perhaps the filesystem is mounted in readonly mode
    17 -
    18 - No, Half + 1 metadb is required.
    19 -
  • 14. iostat -En
  • 16. check for inode status by using the command "df -oi /filesystem"
  1. prstat

2. I'm not sure what physically means, but prtdiag does what I think the OP is asking

10 unix filesystems do not have a file creation time.
Some oddball filesystems may support it but ufs does not. This is a trick question. Or one asked by somebody who does not know unix. Which means you are in trouble in this interview because the people who are asking do not actually know the right answer.

1. you can also use �sar� utility
  2. isainfo -v
  3. if box is on network and you have boot server then you can boot from server. on the OK> boot net -s.
  4. if any file system is mounted then the entry will be on /etc/mnttab, however without placing the entries on /etc/vfstab, still you can mount the file which will be not boot persistence
    12 svcadm milestone -d milestone/single-user:default
  5. isn�t its /etc/system!!
2. /var/adm/messages
4. metastat, metattach, metadetach, metarecover
9. Take out the disk and mount in another similar solaris box??