Pkgadd error no packages found in /var

Hello all!
So I'm trying to do an install, I'm using a command like

pkgadd -d /opt/te_agent_8.1.0_en_solaris_sparc/te_agent.pkg TWEagent

And receive the following:

pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/tmp/dstreAAAAXaq3z>

So what gives? Why is it looking in /var/tmp ? I'm telling it which package to use, or is it looking for some dependency on /var/tmp to install the package I am trying?

Any ideas would be much appreciated... All I'm trying to do is a fresh install of Tripwire, seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but I didn't build the systems I am working on and each one seems to be a little wonky, no two are the same.
I should mention, this is Solaris 11.2 SPARC
Thanks for any help,
JP

try moving them to /var/spool/pkg and running it without -d.

could also be a perms thing... /var/tmp is the secondary default. If it doesn't see anything in /var/spool/pkg it will look in /var/tmp it would look in those to locations if it didn't see anything in the -d location. I.E. it didn't have permissions to read the file.

SMH, that worked... Thanks. Although I found out the package is already installed, so off to remove that and try fresh...

Thanks again!

is this related to your other post? did you see my response to that one?

Yes, sort of, this tripwire thing has been a real mess. Basically, I was able to update the exec method (thanks again), but it wouldn't run. So I manually tried to start the agent and it wouldn't run, that's about the point I decided to remove it all and start from scratch. Nor did I want to show my total ignorance in Solaris asking a lot of dumb questions, figured a fresh install would run no problem, but so far is just another layer in the proverbial onion that is Tripwire in this environment :slight_smile:

which is why I said you can update the manifest and unless you re-import it the change won't take.... now that I know you are on solaris 11.2 I can give you better guidance.

How to Create an SMF Service Using the Service Bundle Generator Tool - Managing System Services in Oracle� Solaris 11.2