Pintos Advanced Scheduler

I am in an operating system class at my college and recently we have been modifying the Pintos operating system in C. I have eliminated the Round Robin Scheduling and implemented priority scheduling just fine but now I have hit a wall on how to implement Advanced Scheduling and was hoping anyone here had advice on what to do, my professor has been unreachable so my questions remain.

The requirements were like so:

"You must write your code to allow us to choose a scheduling algorithm policy at Pintos startup time. By default, the priority scheduler must be active, but we must be able to choose the 4.4BSD scheduler with the -mlfqs kernel option. Passing this option sets thread_mlfqs, declared in threads/thread.h, to true when the options are parsed by parse_options(), which happens early in main().
When the 4.4BSD scheduler is enabled, threads no longer directly control their own priorities. The priority argument to thread_create() should be ignored, as well as any calls to thread_set_priority(), and thread_get_priority() should return the thread's current priority as set by the scheduler."

If anyone has any experience with pintos please let me know I've been trying this for about 6 hours and gotten nowhere.

Closing the thread, no homework please.