Permissions to receive ftp push from Unix box

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, hoping to find the solution to a problem I've been having for days.
I have a VPS on Linux box. I have setup an ftp account with the Plesk control panel. I am trying to receive an ftp data push from a Unix box but they tell me they keep getting permission denied errors, specifically that they don't have write permissions.
I personally don't know how to do a data push from a Unix box. I do know that when I use a windows based ftp program, I can connect to my VPS via ftp and transfer files all day long with no problem.
How do I ensure that the Unix box can push this data to my Linux VPS ftp site? What do I need to do to the permissions, and how can I get the push sent to a certain directory?

Thanks,
Carrie

hello,

how about your username and password?? setup correctly??

cheers.

Actually, I found out, the account was not setup correctly. Apparently when setting up the VPS with Plesk, I had the option of creating an ftp username and password. I gave that information to the vendor, but they repeatedly had permission denied errors.
Then I researched and found out how to create new users from the command line in the Linux shell, and even associate them with their own home directory. Once I did that, everything worked just fine. I did not have these issues before with Windows Platforms, so I was very confused. It makes much more sense now.

Thank you,
Carrie