PERL DBD make test on Linux failing

I am installing Oracle DBD to PERL 5.16.3 and during make test , I am running into this error :

rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32  -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o  -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so       \
           -L/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib/ -lclntsh -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lsvml -ldl -lm -lpthread        \

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib//libclntsh.so when searching for -lclntsh
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lclntsh
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so] Error 1

any thoughts to how to fix it ?

Thanks

I see gcc -m32. Is libclntsh.so 64-bit? You'll need to make or install a 32-bit version of it.

gcc is 64-bit .

LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32  -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o  -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so       \
           -L/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib/ -lclntsh -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lsvml -ldl -lm -lpthread 

how it's taking gcc-32 ? is there a way to modify it ?

libclntsh.so is 64-bit.

Thanks

If you removed the -m32 then you'll create a 64-bit library and link to the 64-bit clntsh. But I'm not familiar with this build. Does it need to be dynamically loaded by a 32-bit program? Probably not.