Performance Monitoring of FileSystem

As I am new to the Unix field, I would like to get the clarification regarding the Filesystem.

The scenario is.. The filesystem (/drbackup) is getting monitored and if it exceeds the threshold, we will receive an alert from it. The issue is that we receive an alert with the description of "Current Utilization exceeds 90%". But whenever I check in the server, it shows the value of only 10% (Current Utilization). So do we have any performance monitoring tool to find when it goes high and get reduced to low ?

From what you describe I would presume that the /drbackup FS is used for a backup which is copied after completion to another storage system (such as TSM) and then deletet from the /drbackup FS.

So you want to know what is going on in the FS when it gets full and at what time this happens.
You might start by configuring NMON to monitor the Filesystems, write the data into a file and use the NMON-Analyser to convert the data into an Excel sheet. Choose the monitoring intervall according to the time needed to register the backup process. For details about NMON read the man page and look into the information in the NMON wiki. The NMON output should give you a good picture of when this process takes place and to what extent the FS gets filled.

thanks buddy :slight_smile: .. I will check it out