Patch detail and link

Hi All,

My system patch detail is below

Generic_12712-11 sun4u .

can you please, what patch level is needed and where can i get it .

Thanks

register your system with "updatemanager" for the update connection. afterwards you can patch your system with the same tool or from commandline with "smpatch update".

Thanks Duke

I system is not on internet, and i do not have support contract with sun

Are you able to access sunsolve.sun.com at least?
You can download the latest Recommended patch cluster for Solaris 10 if you do.

Thanks incredible

Please can u suggest as what patch level i need to download? i will download and write CD and will update the same

Just download the Recommended patch cluster for Solaris 10 . There is only 1 for it.

Thanks incredible

Once i go there i can see lot o patch detail which one i need to download

you don't need a support contract to use the update connection. but you need a internet connection ;).

also you can setup an update server in your network which has a internet connection and patch all other solaris boxes using the system with internet connection.

:slight_smile: Thanks Duke

i have internet connection on other system for download. Not sure as which needed for my system.

you guys are so help full thanks a ton to all of you

No, you just download the recommended patch cluster for your version of Solaris and CPU type, and it contains all patches required to update your OS and it will then be up to date.
There will be separate patches for some elements (e.g. Solstice Disksuite if you use it), the patchdiag tool will list those for you, it is downloadable from SunSolve with a separate patchdiag.xref file which gets updated daily.