Password reset

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have cron change your password every month from an encrypted list of passwords?I have several servers I hardly ever go near but when I do the password has always expired and it takes a long time to get the administrators to reset it for me. I was thinking this may be a possible solution.Thanks

It would be easier for you to negociate with the admins to nullify passwd expiration time...

Why from an encripted list? Should we understand your job will uncript before entering new passwd?

Also you could think about setting up expect on your local Linux PC if you have one, write an appropriate script to change the passwords remote with it, being triggered by cron on your box. So you have at least those passwords locally on your box.

The security team would never negotiate the expiration time. I want to do it from an encrypted file if I do, again to keep security happy. :slight_smile:

It can be done but its very tricky so I wont caution it, your only safe alternative is as zaxxon suggested: Use expect...