Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone,

I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email.

Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string.

GetRyt |KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: number output failed

The body of the email is something like this.

|17:08:05.972|0x00000DD8|-1| GetRyt |KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: number output failed
|17:08:05.972|0x00000DD8|-1| GetNow |KLdipManagerImplnt::CondCallall: mibs: numbered output failed in queue

Thank in advance.

grep 'GetRyt |KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: number output failed'

procmail uses egrep regular expressions so something like this should work for you:

GetRyt \|KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: number output failed

Hi Chubbler, i tried your solution but it didn't work. there's no match on the string.

If i remove the \ after | then it match anything that starts with GetRyt

Any idea?

thanks

Hello everyone.

Anyone have idea how to make it work?

I dont get any match if I use the sample below and without \ im getting false match.

GetRyt \|KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: number output failed

Sample of the body of the message is something like this. I want to only match the first line of the sample.

|17:08:05.972|0x00000DD8|-1| GetRyt |KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: number output failed
|17:08:05.972|0x00000DD8|-1| GetRyt |KLdipManagerImpl::ConditionCalledCall: mib: numbered output failed in queue

thanks