p550 connected to a HMC

Morning,

I've installed a new p550 into a rack and connected it up to the HMC but the HMC cannot find it, I don't understand why it's not?

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks
Kees

Please excuse the stupid question but all cables are connected and going to the correct ports on the P550?

Yeah they are, I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get it to work but got nowhere. I had our network admin dude with me and we both checked that all the cables were in the right place.

I found on another website that I can shutdown the p550 and the HMC, disconnect the power to the p550 and use a cross-over cable to connect them directly and re-start the HMC. Put the power cord back in the p550 and it will automatically find it. That's my next try :slight_smile:

If you can connect them together with the cross over then this will take whatever switch you have out of the equation. Certainly withdrawing the power cable has an effect as well but make sure you keep the cable out for a few minutes to make sure all the internal capacitors are discharged. Also make absolutely sure that the HMC is fully powered up before reconnecting the P550. If this does not work it might be time to connect a laptop to the HMC port and see what is wrong with the 550.

Cheers for the advice John, I'll make sure I let it properly power down and all the capacitors get discharged. Also I'll wait for the HMC to be up and running before I do anything else. I'm taking my laptop as a backup measure, hoping I wont need it.