OS Patch

Hello,

I have to apply the patch PHSS_24302 on HPUX B.11.11 os version. When i look at the /var/adm/sw/swagentd.log it mentions that "this is not a valid depot". I downloaded the patch from HP web site. Please get back to me at the earliest as I'm dead in the water. Thanks,

Balaji K

Patches downloaded from the HP website are usually in shar format. Attempt to register the depo:

swreg -l depot /full/path/to/file

If it registers now attempt to install from it:

swinstall -s /full/path/to/file \*

If it does not register it may be in shar format. View the file and if it contains stanzas informing the user of "cutting" below a specified line, then execute:

sh [file]

This should build the depot and an installation text file.

If all this fails then execute a checksum on the file and compare it with the checksum listed for the file on the HP website:

cksum [file]

If the checksums do not match the file is corrupt and requires re-downloading.

Use the TUI, for swinstall. At the prompt, just type swinstall. It will invoke the TUI and you can then locate the local directory and load it this way. It makes it much easier to use the TUI. Or if you can export your display, use the GUI.

export DISPLAY=192.1.1.1:0 (your IP ending with ":0" )

swinstall &

Also, its possible that your download is bad. I would download it again just to be sure.

:smiley:

I see that this is a superceded patch, but I'll ignore that. To patch a system, don't guess around at the commands. Follow the instructions...

An excerpt from PHSS_24302.txt

After step 4 you will a copy of text file that you have been ignoring. I suggest that you read it.