Order of Adapters in Windows 7

I am trying to get my boss' ipad to print on our local printers, and rapidly coming to loathe the product.

After several false starts I'm attempting to use the free WePrint application, running on a Windows machine, to "forward" our printers from it to the ipad over the local network. I've hit a snag. The Windows machine is attached to two networks, and WePrint picks the wrong one! :wall: And it has no options to choose any others. :wall:

Is there anywhere in the control panel where I might be able to control which network adapter happens "first" in the order, to make WePrint choose the correct network?

I use Airprint for Windows. Works without any problems. See AirPrint on Windows and elsewhere.

If you want to play with the network adopter priority order in Windows 7

1. From the "Network And Sharing Center" window click "Change Adapter Settings"
  2. On the "Network Connections" window, press the ALT key on your keyboard to being up the menu bar
  3. Click the "Advanced" menu and then "Advanced Settings"
  4. In the "Advanced Settings" window you will see the "Adapters and Bindings" tab and under "Connections" you will see the order they are in, you can use the arrows to the side to move the connection priority up and down.

That looks fantastic if it works. The net's crowded with so many people clamoring about the ipad's poor print abilities and so many stupid seedy applications pretending to be "THE printing solution" for ipad and turn out to be just another email-forwarding method to avoid the print button instead of fixing it... I did find methods for letting airprint work on linux by installing CUPS, DBUS, a ton of zeroconf utilities and other things, but hadn't seen this among the noise. Kudos.

---------- Post updated at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:39 PM ----------

Nope... run it as an administrator user in WinXP with the firewall totally off, all printers set shared, and the ipad still sees a big fat nothing for airprint printers.

---------- Post updated 01-19-12 at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous update was 01-18-12 at 04:56 PM ----------

We set up our own personal print-through-email service to bridge the gap... Very easy given a modern network printer which can ingest PDF's.