Oracle Solaris 11 on home server

I am interested in learning oracle solais 11 but I can't seem to find a discounted version/free version with security updates for home use (I would like to set it up as I would a real server for practice so I would like to get security updates I understand that there is a trial version but you don't get security updates) Is there anyway I can learn solaris without paying 2,000 to get security updates? If so where would that be?

without a valid service contract you can't download updates... thats, of course, as far as i know!

You could try OpenIndiana OpenIndiana

(Sorry see you wanted the updates, should read closer)

Ok thanks guys also thanks for recommending OpenIndiana Sizemj I have heard about it before but when I went to the website and looked at the wiki it wasn't very well documented (large sections are missing in the wiki)so I then looked at the oracle solaris documentation and It looked a lot more complete than the OpenIndiana documentation did so I was hoping there was some way I could get a free version (of Oracle Solaris) similar to how instead of using red hat linux sever you can use Centos for free. Maybe I could use OpenIndiana in conjunction with the oracle solaris documentation :slight_smile: since OpenIndiana is based off of OpenSolaris the documentation should still be relevant to OpenIndiana?