Oracle Report generation

Hi,

I am beginner in shell programming.In a shell script i found a call to a script
'runrep25m',which i think is to generate oracle reports?Could anyone help me by providing some details about its usage

With Thanks & Regards
Dileep

That sounds like something somebody developed for your system. It's not an Oracle thing that I know of - you're on your own.

It's the old Oracle Reports version 2.5 Motif report runtime launch script. Oracle Reports is a fairly complex application so I recomend that you search the net for some documentation online.

Ok fine.Now our team planned to upgrade the reports version and therby the way of invoking it from the shell script.Anyway thanks for your valid comments and one more question,Is the motif versions are available for latest forms and reports ?

Ok fine.Now our team planned to upgrade the reports version and therby the way of invoking it from the shell script.Anyway thanks for your valid comments and one more question,Is the motif versions are available for latest forms and reports ?

With Thanks & Regards
Dileep

Forms and reports works via Java now so the Motif version isn't necessary. However, I haven't developed Oracle Forms or Reports for ages now so I can't say with 100% certanty.

ok fine.Thank you for your valid comments & time

I checked metalink and there is quite some documentation about it. I think you have a metalink account? If so just open a TAR, or is SR nowadays, I still call it TAR :wink:

Just request more detailed information on all your questions.

Regards,
J.Lo.

Regards, Johan Louwers.

Removed all email and website references