oracle datafile *dbf

Hi ,,,,

I have move an oracle db from old server to a new server ( solaris 5.9 is the operating system ) my problem is that to new server the datafile ( *.dbf ) are in a different path .....
example

old : /export/home/data/blobs ...........
new /oracle/data/blobs.......

how i can change into it into the oracle schema ?

which are all the path of the datafile that I must change?

Tnks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you have moved the Oracle database, you certainly can't start it since the data files are not where the control files says that they are. Hopefully you haven't clobbered your old database server so you can run the commands necessary (makes you life much easier).

A little background: Oracle requires that online redo logs and datafiles to be located where the control file indicates. Your control file (and its backups) cannot be edited with a text editor so Oracle has provided you a method for creating an SQL script that can be edited. Your task will be to rebuild the controlfile using the modified SQL script on your new server.

This FAQ shows you the steps required for performing this operation. Follow them carefully because you can render the copied database irrevocably damaged. Also, it is imperative that your database was shut down when you copied the data files. You will not succeed in recreating the controlfile unless the database was copied in a consistent state. Oracle performs checkpoints at regular intervals and keeps an internal number for managing data consistency. If Oracle's SCN does not agree with the physical data files, your database will not restart.

Good luck.

Hi !!!! tnks for your support !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I resolved it with the alter command !!!!
but now i have another big problem , the same db i have to install to aix server ,
i installed aix-oracle but now i have to export db from sun-oracle and import to aix-oracle , first questions is : it's possible move an db sun-oracle to db axi-oracle ? my problem is that when i do the import file i recive the error message of the init size ( on the target system ) of the USER01 datafile , before creating i have controlled it on the sun-oracle , after i created it with the same specification , this step i have done for all datafile , i tryed too with RMAN utility nothing .....
Plse help me , i am deprived of hope :frowning:

Grazie .................

Qustion: Can you copy your data files from Solaris to AIX?
Answer: No, you can not migrate an Oracle database this way.

What is the error message that you get when running the import?