Oracle backup failures after SAN change.

Hi,

We are moving the RMAN oracle backup to tape on daily basis.After they went for SAN change in the solaris server , we started receiveing ora-600 errors and backup is getting fails.

I am from Oracle DBA team.I need to know whether any command for check SAN change or root cause for this issue.

Your suggestion will help me to communciate with Solaris Team.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rocky.

---------- Post updated at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:32 PM ----------

I could see the different between two below output which taken from different server respectively using mount command(difference has marked in RED) .Both the server are running in the solaris. After SAN change , i could find this difference. Could you please explain what is qio and will it cause for Oracle backup failure?

Please suggest me on this.

Test server 1:
/dev/vx/dsk/dg/dgftdb01 on /appl/testdb/db01 type vxfs read/write/setuid/mincache=direct/convosync=direct/delaylog/largefiles/ioerror
=mwdisable/dev=13df01b on Sat Aug 7 21:57:01 2010

Test server 2:
/dev/vx/dsk/tdg/4db01 on /appl/testdb/db01 type vxfs read/write/setuid/mincache=direct/convosync=direct/delaylog/largefiles/
qio/ioerror=mwdisable/dev=43c9091 on Sat Aug 7 22:27:41 201

qio is a setting telling it to use Veritas QuickIO for direct I/O instead of buffered I/O. A few years ago when I administered Solaris servers with Oracle on them the Oracle DBAs usually wanted their volumes mounted with this option set.

Thanks for the explanation.it is very useful.