OpenOffice package

Can anyone advise where to find OpenOffice / LibreOffice / etc package for Solaris 11 x64 ?? Note that I don't wish to compile from source ... tried that already and gave up in disgust due to number of dependencies with broken download links. Seems inconceivable that something like OpenOffice isn't readly available however I've been searching for days with no hint of success.

isn't OO part of the installation? if not, why not install it from the solaris 11 software repository?

OpenOffice is ***NOT*** included with Solaris 11, neither is anything else even remotely resembling an office suite. There is no package available to download & endless hours searching the web has failed to reveal anything.
Compiling from source doesn't appear possible due to countless broken links & other fun stuff.

OpenOffice 3.3.0 installs flawlessly on Solaris 11. See here for mirrors.

1 Like

Thanks ... that appears to be exactly what I was seeking. Spent untold hours over several days googling without finding that site.

---------- Post updated 05-09-12 at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-08-12 at 05:14 PM ----------

OpenOffice 3.3 package installed fine, compliments to jilliagre for the link

Steve Christensen from Sunfreeware also provided a link for OpenOffice 3.4 package in case anyone is interested .... openfoundry.org/of/projects/1201/download

Dunno why neither site was locatable by Google ..... surely I can't bee the only inhabitant of planet earth desirous of running OpenOffice on Solaris 11. Such is life I guess, all I can do right now is add both sites to my bookmarks in case I'm looking for something else in the future. FWIW, whilst Solaris 11 seems to be a significant improvement on 10 in many ways, the packages application is like the proverbial Mother Hubbards cupboard ... almost bare :frowning: