OpenLDAP setup

At work I'm been givin the task to move are backend servers from NIS to LDAP. We have mostly Solaris 10 servers, as well as a few Redhat servers. I am going to use openLDAP as the LDAP server. I'm looking for a good how to guide on setting up the openLDAP server. Most of the docs I have found seem to fall apart around the configuring of the server and ldapclient setup. Most of the guilds are for Linux servers and Solaris seems to have more steps. I would also like to find a active forum for LDAP question.

If anyone has any experience with his I would love to get some guidance. I installed openLDAP with a package from sunfreeware.com. At this point I just want LDAP to work and I'm not concerned with security, I can lock it down after the fact.

I'm having two issues that I can tell right now .I'm having trouble getting the �ldapclient init� command to work. When I try to start the LDAP with svcs says it is maintenance mode. I'm thinking that I have an error in one of the files I have edited.

Any help would be great.