On Zorin - trouble installing new printer - need help

Hi. I am new to Linux & am using Zorin on my computer. :confused: I had my old printer pack it in & so I had to replace it with my new printer - which is the same make & model as the old one (a newer model only). There is some code name under Printers which I presume to be the old printer. Unfortunately, the new printer, when plugged in, won't work. I had the disc to install the new printer - it did install but onto desktop & not onto printers - it also never asked the questions for setting up this new printer - it just installed direct to desktop, no questions asked. I can't find any way to get the disc to install into Printers - I also need to know how to delete the installed program off my desktop. I hope someone can help me! Please remember that I am not computer saavy & so using terms other than regular basic computer language will be over my head - please be patient - I am learning. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Here is the article about setting up printer on a Linux machine. Don't go on the title, read the content. You can also install drivers if not already installed.