Old Sun machine documentation needed

Hi all.

Last year, after registering on Sun support site, I downloaded for free all available documentation (in PDF) and support files of a couple of old Sun workstations (Ultra 5 and Ultra 10).

Now I need the documentation and support files of other old Sun workstations (SPARCstation 20 and Javastation 1) and of some old Sun parts (ex. SunPC coprocessors).
I discovered that Oracle has killed all Sun sites and more: Oracle is asking for a contract to access also free documentation and support files! :eek:

Does anyone know if there is a free mirror available for these files?
Does anyone have these files?

Thanks in advance

If you make a credible case that you are going to purchase product from Oracle, I am sure that they would be more than happy to supply the documents to you.

Meanwhile, they are still quite easy to obtain. Google is your friend. For example, the SPARCstation 20 parts manual is available here: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19127-01/sparc20.ws/801-6189-12/801-6189-12.pdf.

Hi fpmurphy.

Trying my old "sun.com" links I was redirected to the site "download.oracle.com/docs" where I found "Servers, Systems Management, Workstations, and Related Hardware" then "Legacy Sun Workstations"; there I found "SPARCstation 20 Workstation" link pointing to related docs: only one document, exactly the same you found and suggest. Now I think it's impossible that for the SPARCstation 20 exists only one official document! :eek:

The old_but_good site sunshack.org is pointing to at least a couple of docs more about this machine (but the links are "sun.com") and the info they are presenting is incomplete (as they state).
I tried to search by Google for more docs (for more specific docs too) but I was unable to find any of useful. :frowning:

The same is valid for Javastation 1.

Instead about the SunPC coprocessors the things are different, worst I mean: support files (fixes) for old Solaris versions (9, 8, 7 or earlier) are protected by a request of login. No problem: I was a registered user of Sun... Wrong! :mad:
When I access with my "sun.com" credentials they are asking for a valid contract number, without it you cannot continue.
I contacted the Oracle support team for a "small" quotation for a contract (I'm a private not a company): they told me that I must be a company!!! :eek::mad::mad:

So... Help!:slight_smile:

Have a look at filibeto.org

1 Like

Wow! That site has an huge amount of manuals, docs and info about Sun stuff. :b:
I'll parse the site looking for what I need.

Many thanks fpmurphy! :slight_smile: