Old cron entry still runs, but shouldnt

Hello,

I'm running OSF1 V4.0 alpha. We used to have a job running from the cron at 6am everyday. We have removed the job from the crontab file, but the job still runs at 6am everyday. The job was in the root's crontab file. I cant figure out why this job is still running after we removed it from the crontab.

Does anyone know why this could be happenning? Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Adam

check the other crontab files under /var/spool/cron/crontabs as root and grep out the job name ... if not there, check the script to make sure it is not automatically creating an at job for itself ... also check for remote servers running the job on the local box ...

Also; did you use crontab -e to remove the job, or did you just go in and vi the crontab?

cron will (on most flavours, let's ignore Linux system crontabs, for example), not recognise changes made to a crontab unless you use crontab -e.

You could always send your crond a HUP....

Cheers
ZB

I did find the job in one other user's crontab file. However, that user is not listed in the /usr/var/adm/cron/cron.allow file so her crontab file should never even run. I am going to remove the job from her crontab file though.

Thank you both for your ideas.